Well, yesterday on my way back from a photoshoot I think a head gasket let go or it's getting head lift.

Over the last couple months I have been keeping track of a very slow loss of coolant, And yesterday my leak seems to have shown itself.

I was pulling onto the highway and gave the car full beans up to speed and as the RPM passed 5500 under full load, I got a substantial amount of white smoke out the back.

I gave it a couple more tests to confirm on the drive home and also found that when the smoke appears, My wide band goes wild and jumps lean. Under normal driving, there is no smoke and the AFR stays mostly normal though some anomalies are now presenting.

This to me is indicating I am now ingesting water under heavy load.

No major change to engine performance present, idles and drives fine. Though idle is now slightly rougher, No major vapor in the exhaust though. Engine understood to be unmodified/untuned.

Seems to me its time to pull the motor and change the gaskets, head bolts and a few other repairs that are coming due.

There any suggestions for tests that I should do before its opened up and what should be inspected while its out?