Name
    Netti
    Last Online
    30-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom

Anyone know this car?

Hi all,

I am back potentially looking for a Galant or Legnum VR4. Does this car belong to anyone on here?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/156021838...Bk9SR6i75tinYw

I realise it will need body work at this price point but I believe replacement arches are available? Did notice on the MOT history a few advisories including for excess black smoke and high CO2 emissions. Is this a common fault? What's the likely cause of such a fault?.,

Name
    Nev
    Last Online
    17-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    VR-4+Panda+shed
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by JayneMay View Post
    Hi all,

I am back potentially looking for a Galant or Legnum VR4. Does this car belong to anyone on here?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/156021838...Bk9SR6i75tinYw

I realise it will need body work at this price point but I believe replacement arches are available? Did notice on the MOT history a few advisories including for excess black smoke and high CO2 emissions. Is this a common fault? What's the likely cause of such a fault?.,

Looks to have already finished! But the smoke and CO2 potentially sounds like overfuelling. Could be relatively simple such as a boost/air leak so the ECU is seeing an incorrectly measured airflow, or something more involved.
    October 2023 fleet status: 100% operational

| Legnum VR-4S | Fiat Panda 100HP !! | a blue one! | Avensis T-180 | VR-4 parts van! |

Why not become a full member of CVR4 and enjoy the additional benefits membership brings?! Information here.

Name
    Netti
    Last Online
    30-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom

That's annoying! I was attempting not to make an expensive mistake and would have been able to view it next weekend.

Search continues I guess.

Name
    Netti
    Last Online
    30-01-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom

This same car has just been relisted even cheaper than before. It does seem to have crusty arches - are repair panels available for these should they be needed?

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '97 Legnum
    My Garage
    Visit

To be honest, the description in the advert isn't very good and the pictures show a lot of bits out of place in the cabin. It looks like a money pit and I wouldn't consider buying it unless you know what you're looking at.
    Repair parts for the arches may be available for the regular UK Galant estate but specific body panels for the VR4 are not readily available
    '97 Manual Legnum in silver with some subtle mods

My first VR4 - '97 Legnum Dark Green & mean ...it was love at first sight - now sold