Ian
    Last Online
    19-04-2024
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Audi A4 Tdi

Angry "easy job"

thought i'd change my thermostat tonight.....on a 2.0 ltr it should only take about 30-45 min's inc:anti freeze and water "easy"......
    unless!...?

i took out the drain plug from the bottom of the radiator then i undone the 10mm bolt that support's a wire harness to the thermo's-housing, then i undone the 2 12mm bolt's that hold the housing together "easy peasy"......then it started going wrong!!
    1st FeK up... your local motor factor give's you the wrong item!! ...didn't notice though untill i had taken the fitted one out!

so from their i checked my thermostat that i just taken out and it seem's to work fine with hot water in a basin ...so i thought "stuff it i'll put it back in for now",put's it in,sat the housing back in place and put the 2 12mm bolt's back in (hand tight)...
    2nd FeK up...slowly tighten the bolt's and ""witt the FFFFuu..shi2...one give's in and snap's in the housing!!
    so after 90 min's,or so i had the snapped bit out and a little tip to you all who do this is,"RE-PLACE the standard bolt's with stainless one's" like i have now

so much for me and my "easy job"... ive also got a full service and some Black Diamond disc's N pad's to fit this weekend ......O well i'd better get ready for more FeK up's?
    E39 BMW SPORT

Name
    Tony
    Last Online
    12-12-2015
    Country
    England
    Car
    2009 Colt

looks like your in 4 a loooooong weekend......... best of luck
    "Finishing second means you are the first person to lose"................ (Gilles Villeneuve)

Name
    Ian
    Last Online
    19-04-2024
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Audi A4 Tdi

done my service tonight and........... "not a hitch"