Thread: model report

Last Online
    29-11-2007
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4 estate

model report

Hi i have just joined the vr4 club. Got me self a 2002 legnum vr4 but having problems registering it as no model report available can anyone help. if so please email me on ghssn52@aol.com cheers

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    08-06-2012
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '99 Ralliart VR

Nice one

Hi GAZHUS and congratulations on your purchase - hope she proves to be a fun and willing mistress I'm sure someone will be along in a minute to point you in the right direction, suggest you could do a lot worse that join ClubVR4 properly as there is a wealth of information in the members area.

It's not the best idea to display your full email on the internet - you run the risk of attracting loads of extra spam. I suggest you use.....

ghssn52 at aol dot com

Cheers and nice one

Steve

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Congrats on the car. Do a site search on model report, it'll turn up some good info and may be some bad.

If you have more questions please ask, but I only know of one model report for a VR4. The owner of said report will be revealed with the site search.

We will help if we can! Especially if you join up!

Last Online
    29-11-2007
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4 estate

Legnum 2002

Still Stuck With Legnum. No One Got A Model Report. Can Any One Help

Name
    Sheffield
    Last Online
    07-04-2024
    Country
    England
    Car
    galaxy excel 2

Quote Originally Posted by GAZHUS
    Still Stuck With Legnum.

2 1/2 years on ??

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    04-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS

Needs to be ten years or older to be registered without a model report i think, though saying that if there is a UK equivalent then i cant see what the problem is. It usually happens if there isnt an equivalent as a new model report can cost tens of thousands.
    I know this as the 99GTO VR-4 still cant be imported and people are itching to get their hands on it.

Mike
    Still here somewhere........

Name
    Mike
    Last Online
    04-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    EVO 1RS

On a different note, you could ship it to Ireland. They dont have the stringent SVA test over there. You could either flog it there or register it and drive it for only six months here at a time!!!!!

Mike

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Still Stuck With Legnum. No One Got A Model Report. Can Any One Help
    Unfortunately, the situation is no different. There is still no model report.

We do know that the VR-4 passes all tests except emissions, where it fails miserably. Where did you get your Legnum from, by the way?

As for what you can do.... Well, whilst I don't know if this is permissable within the rules of ESVA or not, It has been suggested that if one were to get the car remapped to run on UK fuel correctly, and also to upgrade the emissions gear (maybe an extra catalytic convertor, or better still the bigger cat as used on the later EVOS, the VII, VIII and IX), you would secure a pass. However, I am not sure if this would be permitted under ESVA rules.

Good luck and let us know how you fare!

Name
    Nick
    Last Online
    20-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum type-S
    My Garage
    Visit

Take it to Keighly Trade Centre. They seem to be able to register VR4s that aren't ten years old.

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mann
    Take it to Keighly Trade Centre. They seem to be able to register VR4s that aren't ten years old.
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Name
    Tim
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    '97 Legnum
    My Garage
    Visit

Maybe we could talk you into commissioning a model report. Then you could hire it out to all those people who want to import newer cars!
    '97 Manual Legnum in silver with some subtle mods

My first VR4 - '97 Legnum Dark Green & mean ...it was love at first sight - now sold

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

Hehe, would have ben cheaper than having the car sat there for 2 years!

Last Online
    29-11-2007
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    legnum vr4 estate

Tried Keightley Trade Centre? Wont Do It, Do You Know Him, Will You Be Able To Do It

Name
    K
    Last Online
    04-12-2011
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Das LuftwaftenW
    My Garage
    Visit

Tried Keightley Trade Centre? Wont Do It, Do You Know Him, Will You Be Able To Do It
    We don't know anyone at Keightley ourselves. I'm afraid it looks like you're on your own. It might be worth following my advice above, but I don't know if you can do this.

If you get stuck, you may want to consider breaking your car for spares. This way you'll recover some of the cash you have spent on the car.

Name
    Paul Beazer
    Last Online
    27-12-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Volvo V50

Sorry, but i think Nick was being rather tongue in cheek. They have sold facelift VR4s, but no one really knows how (legally, ahem) without the model report.
    No longer empty and frantic...

Name
    Jan
    Last Online
    26-04-2015
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Series 2 Legnum

From the end of this year, it is looking like there will be no more 8G VR-4 used imports into NZ, because they won't pass the new emissions guidelines. You won't be able to bring in most used imports older than about 5 yrs because of this either. Quite sad really. I guess I already have my VR-4, but all used cars are set to become more expensive.

Name
    Brad
    Last Online
    20-10-2011
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    F/lift 5MT VR-4

parts will become more expensive too over time as people write them off and aren't allowed to bring any more in

Name
    Jan
    Last Online
    26-04-2015
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Series 2 Legnum

Quote Originally Posted by bradc
    parts will become more expensive too over time as people write them off and aren't allowed to bring any more in
    That's a worry - Legnum parts are already quite expensive. I guess some of the bigger wreckers that specialize in Mitsubishis will import wrecks to be used for parts.

Name
    Bernard
    Last Online
    23-04-2013
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Nissan Skyline

Quote Originally Posted by ginger
    It might be worth following my advice above, but I don't know if you can do this.
    You can do what you like to the car to get it through, but the resulting model report will then only apply to a car in that exact configuration. So any further imports being SVA'd on that model report will need to be modded to exactly the same state.

It's just not financially viable to do with a low volume import like the VR4. I can't remember exactly, but I think MIRA quoted me around £1600 pounds per emissions run (the correct price and details are in one of my threads somewhere on the forum). And every time it failed, you'd have to pay up again (and wait for a free slot on their machine - up to four weeks). It's not a case of shoving a sensor up the exhaust at idle - they run it on a rolling road (so you need a 4WD drive RR for the VR4 - not many about) and do many cleaver things with it.

So, GAZHUS, your options are:
    • Spend a lot of cash on making your car compliant and getting a model report (and trying to recoup some of the spent cash by hiring the report out)
    • Wait until 2012 when you'll be able to register without an SVA (but by then the rules will have changed )
    • Break it up for spares
    • Clone it !!! (that's a joke by the way!)
    I don't know how you got the car - if you imported it yourself, you should have done a bit more research. If someone sold it to you, you need to kick them in the nadgers. Wildcards will give you a hand for a small quantity of FireWater and an ice lolly.
    ----
    Dr McCuckoo - Avatar Victim Extraordinare.

The KieranCorp Secret Service continues to viciously abuse and falsely accuse this innocent paragon of virtue. The distress has been so great that he no longer can continue his selfless charitable work with homeless children and abused sheep.

The Kierancorp Secret service is interested in hearing from anyone who has red hair, likes wearing a spook uniform, and enjoys nocturnal barbecues. Funny handshake optional.

Last Online
    21-12-2007
    Country
    United Kingdom

hi guys i have passed everything on the SVA test just need to lower the emission to get the cert, can any recommend ways in lowering the emissions on a 99 VR4 legnum
    many thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast