Name
    Kev
    Last Online
    23-12-2013
    Country
    England

Thumbs up Hello everybody

Hello everybody,
    I've been moochin' on here for a few weeks now, seen some good / funny stuff. Thought I'd say hello. I bought
    a '97 INSERT INTO post VALUES ( the slow ones) S-type from A1 performance up in Newcastle about 5 weeks ago, quite pleased with it. The wife
    thought it looked like a Mondeo, but I think she appreciates the difference now. Anyway I probably wont post much for 2 reasons 1. 'cause I haven't got much to say and 2. 'cause... erm...well...

Name
    Barry
    Last Online
    29-10-2023
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Galant VR4
    My Garage
    Visit

welcome aboard - im sure we will be hearing from you, cant keep quiet for ever
    SUPPORT CLUBVR-4 TODAY!
    Please do not PM Moderators and Committee Directly, for quicker response times please follow this guide
    HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators

My Articles: Fog Light in Rear Cluster - Changing AYC Switch - Changing Drive Shaft - Changing Front suspension
    My Projects: Installing Uprated Clutch - making Gauge Pods (Tri-pod)
    Club Related: HOW TO Guides - HOW TO: Contact Committee or Moderators
    RIP: Type-S - 1998 R - Trigger Mauve - Mauve History | First VR4 - Second VR4 - Third VR4

Profile for BraindG
    Get your own fuel sig in the Garage (Members Only) - Visit my Garage ........What Is Geocaching?

Name
    Pete
    Last Online
    26-03-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom

Hi Kevin and welcome to the Club mate

Name
    Darren
    Last Online
    22-08-2019
    Country
    England
    Car
    Legnum VR-4 Typ

Hey Kevin, I bought the Legnum which came in at the same time. Tell me, have you had any problems with the way they fitted the rear fog lamp ? on mine the piggy backed it onto the traction control switch. This promply blew the 10amp fuse which covers the traction control, rear light assembly, internal night mode lamps and headlamp beeping alert. If you or anyone else has seen this before, how did you solve it ?

I've considered just whacking in a 15 amp fuse and hoping for the best but would appreciate a more elegant solution if you have one.

Cheers, Da

Name
    M Brindley
    Last Online
    25-05-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Ralliart VR-4 S

Welcome to the club Kevin I'm sure you won't be able to keep quiet for long, as there is always something to ask or comment on.
    Mondeo! :nono:

Darren, making a new circuit for the rear fog shouldn't be too difficult, just use the existing switch and get the power from either a different circuit ie lighting or make a new fused circuit coming off of the battery.
    Just upgrading the fuse would probably be okay but only if the cable can handle the load.. the cables used on jap cars tend to be a bit on the cheap and that'll do side, hence the size of the pathetic neutral cable coming off the battery.

Name
    M Brindley
    Last Online
    25-05-2014
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Ralliart VR-4 S

Hang on??

To use your rear fog you must turn off your traction control system then?onder:

Ignore what I said and get a new switch and make a new fused circuit directly from the battery, you'll have no problems at all then.

Name
    Darren
    Last Online
    22-08-2019
    Country
    England
    Car
    Legnum VR-4 Typ

that's what I was going to try , I'm just a bit of a novice when comes to this kind of thing so I was looking to cut corners.