Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

2015 Dyno tuning meet - 1st Aug in Nottinghamshire

Hi folks!

We've had 2 very popular tuning days (2013 2014) at Area 52 Autosport and we're going back again this year

When

The event will be on Saturday 1st August 2015, starting at roughly 9:30 AM (give or take 30 mins) and going on until mid-late afternoon (5ish)

Where

This event will be at Area 52 Autosport in Nottinghamshire, the full address is as follows;

Area 52 Autosport
    Unit 2 Park Court
    Park Lane Business Park
    Kirkby-in-Ashfield
    Nottinghamshire
    NG17 9LE

When driving towards the venue, be sure to obey the speed limit, Nottinghamshire is a for average speed checks and mobile speed traps, we've had members attending previous events issued with fines by the local BIB. Please don't get caught out, it'll ruin your day.

When approaching the industrial estate, this (badly drawn by yours truly) map will show you where to go:

What (is it)

The main focus of the day will be dyno runs and tuning sessions. Most of the dyno runs will be done in the morning and most of the tuning sessions done in the afternoon. This is subject to change as people's requirements change. Attendance list and timetable can be found here: Club VR-4 Area 52 Autosport Timetable

As usual, there's bound to be lots of delicious grub on the go, @Davezj is notorious for bringing some spectacular pastry goods, I'll be bringing lots of treats and no doubt A52 themselves will have snacks and drinks available.

Like previous events, this is a perfect time to get little bits and bobs sorted out with your car, there'll be plenty of members willing to lend a hand with something fixed

Again like last time, anyone want any other events hosted on the day, just shout up

How (much)

Dyno shootouts will be £40 for a best-of-3 run, this will include a printout showing you power, torque, air-fuel ratio and boost. This will also include professional detcan (knock) monitoring as well so it's a great way to get a health check for your cars engine

Tuning session pricing has changed this year as last year we found some cars were misbehaving and needed more time (which ultimately came out of my pocket as I'd quoted prices to people and wanted to keep my word), the new pricing format is now done in blocks of 15 minutes (being rounded up to the nearest block), the pricing of which costing as follows;

Time Normal rate Paid members
    00:15:00 £80 £70
    00:30:00 £130 £120
    00:45:00 £180 £160
    01:00:00 £240 £210
    01:15:00 £290 £250
    01:30:00 £340 £280
    01:45:00 £390 £320
    02:00:00 £450 £360

A full breakdown of the pricing can be found on the Club VR-4 Area 52 Autosport Timetable spreadsheet, along with the schedule. If you're wondering how much time you think you need, 30 minutes was around the sweet spot for a quick power boost, those wanting more complicated tuning (better cruise fuel economy for example) would be looking at around 1 hour. All tuning sessions will include a before-and-after dyno printout too.

What (can we expect)

Quick tunes can typically expect roughly 10-15% gains of power and 15-20% gains in torque, more complicated tunes (particularly those with supporting mods ie. fuelling / decat / filters) may see as much as 15-20% gains in power and 30-40% gains in torque. Actual results may differ as every car is different, for example some have been better maintained than others & some have supporting modifications where others do not.

Please note anyone getting any mapping work done will be required to sign a disclaimer, Area 52 Autosport will also not be responsible for the work being done on the day, they are just leasing their dyno and its operators.

All customer ECU's are backed up before any work is done, if you're not satisfied your backup will be restored free of charge (subject to travel etc).

Other services may be available on the day such as workshop space and auto-electrical work, please ask in advance if you require these and keep in mind its expected to be a busy day

Its also conceivable that N/A "V6 Sport" and INVECS-II Auto-box tuning could be done on the day. Again, please ask in advance.

Who

Attendance list and timetable can be found here: Club VR-4 Area 52 Autosport Timetable

If you wish to be added to the list, reply to this thread stating what service you need, and if tuning is required how much time you need and what modifications you have.

As always, any questions just ask
    Have questions about performance upgrades and ECU tuning? Before PM'ing me, Check this thread first
    Please support CVR4 & become a Full member, you get a full years access to guides, games, chat & much more!

Name
    Gib
    Last Online
    12-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo X FQ480

Can you change my attendance to maybe/unconfirmed please? Got a few bits to sort on the car before I can confirm.

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by giblet View Post
    Can you change my attendance to maybe/unconfirmed please? Got a few bits to sort on the car before I can confirm.
    Done mate

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    26-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

As I said in the other thread, I'll pop in for a bit for a chat.

Won't be in the Anglia, unfortunately, as it's still at my dad's!

Name
    Colin
    Last Online
    31-05-2022
    Country
    England
    Car
    Galant vr4

It would be great if they could fit my knock new sensor, I don't have a spanner big enough (26mm I think) so unable to do it myself. I'm aiming to get there around 9ish.

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

I'd like to confirm my attendance. Hopefully, I'll have a replacement LPG injector to fit and get Dave to activate.

Also I'd like to get my boost controller tuned to low and high settings correctly. Would that be £40 for the dyno run, plus the normal rate tuning price? So it'd be £120 for me?
    1997 Mitsubishi RVR HSGR : 2.0 4G63T, 4 seats and the seating position from a truck
    2009 Ford Mondeo : 2.2TDCi, 4 wheels, some plastics, some metal and some seats
    Former owner of The Mongrel (RIP 2011) and The Rednum (RIP 2014)

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Atik View Post
    I'd like to confirm my attendance. Hopefully, I'll have a replacement LPG injector to fit and get Dave to activate.

Also I'd like to get my boost controller tuned to low and high settings correctly. Would that be £40 for the dyno run, plus the normal rate tuning price? So it'd be £120 for me?
    Depends entirely on how much time you need bud, I've initially put you down for 30 minutes which'll be £130.

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    27-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by Atik View Post

Yes Adam has filled me in on the requirements, I will be able to swap it out and switch it on.
    Just make sure you are on the rollers later on in the day as I seem to be first up on the dyno then it will give me the time to swap it out.

Bye for Now!

Name
    Atik
    Last Online
    06-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    RVR HSGR

Quote Originally Posted by Davezj View Post
    Yes Adam has filled me in on the requirements, I will be able to swap it out and switch it on.
    Just make sure you are on the rollers later on in the day as I seem to be first up on the dyno then it will give me the time to swap it out.
    I think I'll have it swapped out before I get there as I am aiming to replace my throttle body next week. Get in all in one go I think.

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    27-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Just make sure you get the clip on to the T piece that sits directly above the injector in correctly. When the injector is pushed onto the T piece and the joint is compressed slightly the clip will slide in with no effort at all, don't try and force it in. The clip maintains a certain amount of compression between the T and the injector which creates the seal.

Name
    Garry
    Last Online
    26-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Legnum VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

As I mentioned in the other thread - there are now Average Speed Cameras on the A38 from the M1 in towards Mansfield, set at 50 MPH, as well as some existing red light cameras.

PLEASE be careful as you come up the A38!!

Name
    Adam
    Last Online
    02-01-2019
    Country
    England
    Car
    Legnum VR4

Il confirm attendance now mines back on the road...

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by adamc90 View Post
    Il confirm attendance now mines back on the road...
    Hi Adam,

What do you want? Attendee only, dyno run or tuning?

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    27-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Gib @giblet are going to this event as I have a rear bumper and some tail light for you that I can bring down.
    Or do you want to leave it until you go to Adam next.

Name
    Gib
    Last Online
    12-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo X FQ480

Gib @giblet are going to this event as I have a rear bumper and some tail light for you that I can bring down.
    Or do you want to leave it until you go to Adam next.
    Sadly I can't make it, need to get my brakes changed this weekend as they are pretty much dead.

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    27-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Sadly I can't make it, need to get my brakes changed this weekend as they are pretty much dead.
    well at least i know i don't have to bring it with me.
    you can pick it up from adams when you are next over.

Name
    Gib
    Last Online
    12-04-2024
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Evo X FQ480

well at least i know i don't have to bring it with me.
    you can pick it up from adams when you are next over.
    Cheers, I'll drop you a message once I have confirmed when I will be going to Adam's. I still owe you for the injector kit and I need to bring those lifters down for you.

Name
    Colin
    Last Online
    31-05-2022
    Country
    England
    Car
    Galant vr4

Thought I'd better post here, that there is a chance I may not be able to make this, as my car is dead at the moment. hope to get it going soon, even left a message with Ben at Eurospec, then maybe RAC.

Name
    Jason
    Last Online
    Yesterday
    Membership ID
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PFL Legnum Man
    My Garage
    Visit

Hoping you can make it Colin, really looking forward to tuning your car

Also just a mini-update, Cheryl says she'll be sorting us all out some bacon sarnies for lunch

Name
    Dave
    Last Online
    27-04-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    England
    Car
    VR-4
    My Garage
    Visit

Cheers, I'll drop you a message once I have confirmed when I will be going to Adam's. I still owe you for the injector kit and I need to bring those lifters down for you.
    no probs mate see you when we see you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast