Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mann View Post
9510 was completed in the third week of October 1996, 10354 was the first week of November. Certainly quite close in birthdays!

I'd agree with Tim. If the ECU for 9510 has been played with, it might be very specific for that car and it's supporting mods. To be safe you'd want to be measuring boost levels and air/fuel ratios if you swap it to 10354.
Wow, thanks nick, I knew they were close in age but jeez!!

9510 had an HKS mushroom filter, which has actually broken where it connects to the maf
My intention for 10354 was to use the standard airbox with a K&N panel filter

9610 also had a "Longlife" stainless steel cat back exhaust, which I've already removed and that will be going onto 10354 next week

Aside from that, 9510 had no other supporting mods. So to that end, I'm thinking I should be OK, right? Straight swap and turn the key..?

10354 has a hks boost controller, which actually doesn't work. I looked at the wiring under the dash and it's an (expletive) mess!!!
Tiny wires spot soldered onto spades and wrapped in electrical tape.. its all coming out for sure and going in the bin,
Also has a turbo timer, which again, doesn't seem to work

My intention is to turn 10354 into a somewhat respectable, mostly factory example

Interestingly 10354 has featured here in the past, search for "L9 NUM"

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk