Thread: what would this parts car be worth?

Name
    Vulcan
    Last Online
    10-10-2016
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1997 vr4 Legnum

what would this parts car be worth?

My mate has a vr4 legnum he wants to get rid of and am thinking of buying it just because. . . . I dont really have anywhere to park it but was thinking of buying it for future parts or maybe even fixing it. its an auto one with 280,000kms but he said it runs good and doesnt smoke and still boosts fine

It currently has a cracked windscreen, the passenger side airbag cover is all dented from being punched ^.^, he said the rear cv clicks (could be the diff or ayc like what mine was just doing), has no powersteering he said he doesnt know why. bit rough overall.

The good bits which is why i want it. Has a towball (mine doesnt), The front windows are tinted (mine isnt) all stock engine with stock intercooler parts bov and air intake ( which i want) Spare engine/turbos if i ever need parts. Spare diff, his ayc pump is still good and the green lights go up and down without noises ( apart from the clicking cv he said which could be the diff but not sure till i look) Will give me spare interior pieces if i ever need them and dash. there is no clear coat peeling and the body panels are pretty straight. looks to have a full exhaust system which i could use as a spare.

The car still has a wof for a few weeks ( was thinking of trying to put another wof on it but highly doubt it depending how bad the window is)

His asking price is $600. although id try get it for $400 because id need like $200 for petrol to go pick it up and drive it back to where i live

How cheap is his asking price? or should i just leave it. I cant really afford it but i thought it would be semi cheap for the things i can use off it and have future parts. But im not sure the prices of legnums it seems as if there easily come by and fairly cheap anyway.

Any opinions are welcome (:

Name
    Ben
    Last Online
    16-09-2023
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    PFL Legnum VR4

If you going get cheap and need/want parts off it, It be well worth it and if you going part it out, You get your money back and you would make abit of money too.

It cheap so I say buy it.
    1997 PFL Legnum VR-4 "Super Replica", White, Manual
    2001 FL Galant VR-4, Type V, Black, Manual

Past Owned
    1997 PFL Legnum ST-R, Pearl White, Tiptronic
    1998 PFL Legnum Super VR-4, Silver, Tiptronic
    1998 PFL Legnum Super VR-4, Silver, Tiptronic
    1998 FL Legnum VR-4, Silver, Tiptronic
    1999 FL Legnum VR-4, Silver, Tiptronic

Name
    Vulcan
    Last Online
    10-10-2016
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1997 vr4 Legnum

i shall go out and measure my driveway and see if i can squeeze a 6th car in

Name
    Carsten
    Last Online
    22-10-2023
    Membership ID
    NZ019
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    Nissan Navara
    My Garage
    Visit

Quote Originally Posted by nos monkeys View Post
    I cant really afford it
    THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by nos monkeys View Post
    I dont really have anywhere to park it
    AND THIS.

would equal a BIG NO to me

ive had a parts car, and in the current market its worth **** all to anyone else.

i couldnt give the panels away, all the bits that are off use to yourself are usually the bits people want to buy
    parts take for ever to move on.

at the end of the day its your choice but do not plan on getting your money back on parting it.
    dont plan on fixing it up and flicking it, to me the car sounds pretty rough with HIGH kms and a owner who has thrashed it broken it and beaten it (literally)
    and theres probably more wrong with it that you dont know

Name
    Vulcan
    Last Online
    10-10-2016
    Country
    New Zealand
    Car
    1997 vr4 Legnum

Yeah i chose not to buy it mainly for those reasons and also im still in the middle of attempting to get my money back on my vr4 because they made false receipts. so hoping i can get my money back for mine then ill be able to buy another one thats actually got nothing wrong with it lol