In my quest to Brembo-equip the Fridge, I have come across brackets that change the caliper bolt spacing from 135mm (PFL) to 160mm (FL & Brembo). They are specifically designed for the Evo 1-3, which has the same PFL bolt spacing.

These are from a company called Racefab in NZ and cost me NZ$200, including postage to the UK, i.e. about £112. I also didn't get clobbered for VAT or import costs.

They come as a pair, each with a set of bolts and washers. They are made out of steel plate that is very solid (looks about 6/7mm thick) and painted black, in what looks like heat-resistant paint.

This is one of them.

A little bit of work is necessary for them to fit the Fridge due to the suspension set up, but I wonder if they would simply bolt on to the VR-4, thus doing away with swapping hubs etc. I have some PFL calipers somewhere, or might be able to offer them up to the VR-4 caliper mounting points to have a look.

That won't be for a couple of weeks, I would have thought, but this may represent a relatively cheap and easy option to upgrade your PFL to Brembos, without the need to swap hubs, or potentially mess with ABS sensors, and so on...

Watch this space