It's been long time since I've posted here last time... Never mind, still with mitsubishi ownership, enjoying multiple Evo 8 surprises... . Here is the one of them...
Well, story begins in 2016 when whilst MOT time Ben from Eurospec pointed out to me that my side panels (floor sills) need attention in the future as rust begun to eat in quite badly. Another year gone, aware of the issue, still handling Evo quite cowboy manner with jacking up for quick jobs underneath. Then in spring/summer 2018 noticed that I couldn't wait longer and all floor sealing, side sills and other underneath issues need quite drastic and rapid attention.
So I've contacted with my old pals in Poland who actually do restore classic cars (mostly for German market), and their craftsmanship is well known in community. Exchange of emails, pictures, phone calls, etc, and decision is made:
- if I want to keep Evo for very long term (and I want!) then general and some structural repair must be done. No short cuts, just full underneath body restoration.
So, agreed to leave my E8 for minimum several months for recovery, I went for search of side sills structural panels etc. In the end got one from Ross Sport and Amayama, but 6-9 weeks waiting time imported from Japan, and then shipping to Poland. Anyway logistic was stressful.
In August I drove to Poland, being again on annual Mitsubishi meeting, having fun with some novice rallying stages whilts there etc, then visiting my parents and on 12th September last year Evo was left for major surgery. Since then I got multiple images of work progress, just till 25th January when I went back to Poland to pick up my finished and ready E8. Yay!
So I thought I would share some of those images...
Enjoy!!

General check of floorpan cndition:
K1600_DSC02620.jpgK1600_DSC02625.jpgK1600_DSC02626.jpgK1600_DSC02627.jpgK1600_DSC02629.jpgK1600_DSC02630.jpg